Saturday, October 2, 2010

Heart to Heart Card Drive



Carolyn King over at My Blog (well, her blog, not my blog, but her blog is called "My Blog"..forget it. You know what I mean), who lost her Grandmother due to complications from Alzheimer's Disease has been putting on a Heart to Heart Card Drive to thank the caregivers of Alzheimer's patients. Not only is this card drive for an amazing purpose, but there is also a huge prize donated from lots of good peoples! So go check it out!

My FIL (My hubby's Step-Dad) is suffering from Dementia, so this card drive hits very close to home. Unfortunately I only knew him a very short time before his symptoms rapidly progressed, but to see such a wonderful, self sufficient man decline into needing 24 hour care and rarely speaking a word saddens me greatly. Not only for him, but for all of the people who love him dearly, especially my husband, and my MIL.

For my card, I made a very simple one.. why? Because I want to make a BUNCH!!! My intention is to send one to the Artman home in Ambler, PA, where Carolyn's grandmother was, and ActivCare in San Diego, CA where my FIL is currently residing. I also am going to send some to the local homes around the area we are stationed.

So, here is my contribution for the Heart To Heart Card Drive!


Paper: Georgia Pacific White Cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: Stampin' Up Easy Elegance and Lovely as a Tree
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestability Die as a template

So I'm off to go bust out some more of these, and get them addressed and ready to mail on Monday... you should go click on some links and make your own cards!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! It's beautiful! So sorry about your stepFIL. Dementia is such a rotten thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that card is perfect...what a great way to spread the love around!
    I am sorry to hear about your FIL...Thank you for taking part in the drive and making the day of so many caregivers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty and classic card, Jen! So sorry about your FIL.

    ReplyDelete